I started my Hackintosh project last week (Friday night). I’ve been working almost nonstop on this project. I just finally completed doing a complete installation from beginning to end with all the required patches and fixes in between. Been tweaking and trying to find the best method for the last week. Now I have full graphics support (Diablo III seems to play OK with High Graphics) with QE/CI enabled (equivalent of Aero in Windows Vista/7), Sound (although no sound in D3 for some reason), and USB & USB3.0. I also got the system booting straight from the hard drive without the use of the CD. Time Machine seems to be working alright, though I don’t have enough space to use for it really. I have been able to succesfully use iTunes & Mac App Store with my iTunes account. So far, so good. The only bug I have really is that when I shut down, the computer turns off and back on as if it was rebooting. Once or twice earlier it shut down properly. Not sure what to do for that fix. But oh well. Was a fun project. Look forward to playing around with OS X Lion now for development & repair purposes.
2 thoughts on “Finally Completed”
Just in case this page comes up by someone searching for the terms I happened to in this project, my system is a Intel DP43TF Mobo, Core 2 Duo E8500, 8GB Memory, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB DDR5, and a USB 3.0 PCI-e card. This took a lot of playing with for me to get working, and if you have same/similar hardware, feel free to comment here for q&a. Thanks for reading.
Update: Diablo 3 sound works fine. I was just playing the game before it was fully downloaded. It was fully installed this morning with sound working and full performance. 🙂